How you earn rewards
Each card earns rewards differently. Part of choosing your card is deciding what type of rewards you want to get. With KOHO Essential Mastercard, here’s how you earn rewards:
How much your rewards are worth
The dollar value of your rewards depends on the specific KOHO rewards program and what you choose to redeem your points for.
For KOHO Essential Mastercard in particular, if you spend $2,000.00 per month, here’s our estimated rewards earned depending on which reward you choose:
Calculating your annual rewards
$24,000.00 annual spending x $0.00% return on spending = $0.00 annual rewards
$0.00 annual rewards – $48.00 annual fee = $$-48.00 net annual rewards
Details and eligibility
|Do I qualify?|
|Estimated Credit Score||300 – 559|
|Extra Card Fee||$0|
KOHO Essential Mastercard Review
The KOHO Essential Mastercard is a prepaid credit card designed for users who want a convenient and straightforward method of earning cash back and managing their finances. This review will discuss the earning potential, four benefits, and two drawbacks of using this card, as well as any additional relevant information to assist potential users in making an informed decision.
1. Earning potential with the card: The KOHO Essential Mastercard allows users to earn cash back on their everyday purchases. Users can earn 0.5% cash back on all transactions, with no limitations or specific categories. This cash back rate can be beneficial for those who spend consistently across various categories.
2. Benefit 1: One major advantage of this card is the fact that it does not have any annual fees. This makes it a cost-effective option for users who do not wish to pay an annual fee for their card.
3. Benefit 2: The card also comes with real-time notifications, allowing users to track their spending and manage their budget directly within the KOHO app. These notifications can help individuals stay on top of their finances and avoid unnecessary expenses.
4. Benefit 3: The KOHO Essential Mastercard offers financial coaching tools via the KOHO app, which can be useful in helping users improve their financial habits and achieve their goals. This feature differentiates it from other credit cards that do not have similar educational support.
5. Benefit 4: The card has a useful RoundUp feature that allows users to round up purchases to the nearest dollar and automatically save the difference in their KOHO account. This feature can help users build their savings effortlessly over time.
6. Drawback 1: A significant drawback of the card is the absence of high reward categories typically offered by other cards, such as increased cash back for dining, travel, or groceries. Users who frequently spend in these categories may find the flat cash back rate less appealing.
7. Drawback 2: As it is a prepaid card, the KOHO Essential Mastercard may not be as widely accepted as traditional credit cards. This could limit the places where cardholders can utilize it, especially in foreign countries or at establishments that do not accept Mastercard.
In conclusion, the KOHO Essential Mastercard offers a straightforward and fee-free cash back experience, accompanied by useful features such as real-time notifications, financial coaching tools, and a RoundUp feature. However, it lacks higher reward categories and may not be accepted everywhere. Considering these aspects, potential users should assess how the card’s benefits align with their spending habits and financial preferences.
- Prepaid Mastercard
- 0.5% cashback on all purchases
- Integrates with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Load funds through e-transfer or direct deposit
- Real-time balance updates with mobile app
- Savings goals and budget tracking features
- Partner offers with select retailers
- 30-day KOHO Premium trial included
- Custom security controls, e.g. card lock
- Automated bill payments functionality