How you earn rewards
Each card earns rewards differently. Part of choosing your card is deciding what type of rewards you want to get. With RBC British Airways Visa Infinite, here’s how you earn rewards:
|Specific Stores||2 miles|
|All Other Spend||1 miles|
How much your rewards are worth
The dollar value of your rewards depends on the specific RBC rewards program and what you choose to redeem your points for.
For RBC British Airways Visa Infinite in particular, if you spend $2,000.00 per month, here’s our estimated rewards earned depending on which reward you choose:
|Redemption method||Annual rewards|
|Transfer to partner airlines||$441.00|
|Apply to statement credit||$146.16|
|Air travel – redemptions (scheduled)||$587.16|
|Transfer to WestJet||$252.00|
|Transfer to Hudson Bay||$252.00|
|RBC financial products||$209.16|
Calculating your annual rewards
$24,000.00 annual spending x $2.45% return on spending = $587.16 annual rewards
$587.16 annual rewards – $165.00 annual fee = $$422.16 net annual rewards
Details and eligibility
|Do I qualify?|
|Estimated Credit Score||660 – 724|
|Extra Card Fee||$0|
|Extended Warranty||1 Year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||31 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||7 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
RBC British Airways Visa Infinite Review
The RBC British Airways Visa Infinite credit card is designed for individuals who frequently travel with British Airways and wish to earn rewards towards future flights and other travel perks. In this review, we will cover the card’s earning potential, four key benefits, two drawbacks, and any additional information that could prove useful when deciding whether this card is the right fit for you.
1. Earning potential with the card: The RBC British Airways Visa Infinite credit card offers users the opportunity to earn Avios points, which can be redeemed for flights and other British Airways services. Cardholders earn 2 Avios points for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios point for every $1 spent on all other purchases. Although the card does not have bonus earning potential in specific spending categories such as dining or groceries, it compensates by offering an attractive rewards rate for British Airways transactions.
2. Benefit 1: One of the most exciting advantages of the RBC British Airways Visa Infinite credit card is the welcome bonus offer. New cardmembers can earn up to 50,000 bonus Avios points upon meeting specific spending requirements during their first three months. This can translate to a significant reward value that may accelerate users towards their travel goals.
3. Benefit 2: Cardholders seeking to add a little luxury to their travel experience may appreciate the complimentary Companion Award eVoucher earned annually upon spending $30,000 within a year. This eVoucher allows the cardholder to bring a guest on eligible reward flights while only paying for the taxes, fees, and carrier charges of the companion ticket.
4. Benefit 3: Another appealing advantage of the RBC British Airways Visa Infinite credit card is the 10% discount provided on British Airways flights for bookings between Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. By applying the unique promotion code provided by cardmembers, this discount can help save users a substantial amount on flight expenses.
5. Benefit 4: This card comes with an excellent travel insurance package, including coverage for travel medical, trip cancellation/interruption, delayed or lost baggage, and car rental insurance. These additional protections provide peace of mind to cardholders and can save money on the cost of a potential mishap or inconvenience while travelling.
6. Drawback 1: A notable drawback of the RBC British Airways Visa Infinite credit card is its annual fee of $165. The card offers a fantastic suite of rewards and benefits, but individuals who do not travel frequently may find it difficult to justify the cost.
7. Drawback 2: Another disadvantage is the limited earning potential of the card concerning non-British Airways expenditures. With no bonus reward rates for other spending categories, this card may not be suitable for individuals seeking a more versatile credit card that offers higher rewards for everyday usage.
In conclusion, the RBC British Airways Visa Infinite credit card is an excellent choice for Canadian travellers who fly with British Airways and are eager to earn Avios points towards future flights. Its benefits, such as the welcome bonus, Companion Award eVoucher, flight discount, and robust travel insurance package, make this card a compelling option for travel enthusiasts. However, potential users should carefully consider the annual fee and the card’s earning potential within their spending patterns to ensure that the card offers optimal value.
Interested in other credit cards? Canadians that like the RBC British Airways Visa Infinite credit card also like the RBC Avion Visa Infinite. If you’re looking for other options you should consider the WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard, and the RBC US Dollar Visa Gold.
- Up to 50,000 welcome bonus Avios
- Double Avios on British Airways/partner spending
- Single Avios on other purchases
- Foreign transaction fees waived
- Companion eVoucher at $30,000 yearly spend
- Extensive travel insurance
- Expedited British Airways boarding
- Cardholder-exclusive 10% flight discount
- $165 yearly fee
- Specific airline rewards focus
- Steep Companion eVoucher prerequisite
- Reduced value for non-British Airways redemptions
- Limited appeal for non-frequent BA passengers