How you earn rewards
Each card earns rewards differently. Part of choosing your card is deciding what type of rewards you want to get. With Walmart Rewards Mastercard, here’s how you earn rewards:
|All Other Spend||1%|
How much your rewards are worth
The dollar value of your rewards depends on the specific Walmart rewards program and what you choose to redeem your points for.
For Walmart Rewards Mastercard in particular, if you spend $2,000.00 per month, here’s our estimated rewards earned depending on which reward you choose:
|Redemption method||Annual rewards|
Calculating your annual rewards
$24,000.00 annual spending x $1.00% return on spending = $240.00 annual rewards
$240.00 annual rewards – $0.00 annual fee = $$240.00 net annual rewards
Details and eligibility
|Do I qualify?|
|Estimated Credit Score||760 – 900|
|Extra Card Fee||$0|
Walmart Rewards Mastercard Review
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard is a practical option for Canadians who frequently shop at Walmart and are seeking a store-branded credit card. This review will delve into the card’s earning potential, key benefits, drawbacks, and other relevant information.
1. Earning potential with the card
The Walmart Rewards Mastercard earns Walmart Reward Dollars. Cardholders can earn 1.25% back on every dollar spent at Walmart and 1% back on every dollar spent everywhere else that accepts Mastercard. The card does not offer specific reward rates for other categories of spending, such as dining or travel.
2. Benefit 1: No annual fee
One major advantage of the Walmart Rewards Mastercard is the absence of an annual fee, making it an affordable option for budget-conscious shoppers.
3. Benefit 2: Easy rewards redemption
Redeeming Walmart Reward Dollars is a simple process. Cardholders can redeem directly at the register in increments of $5 (starting at $5), making it quick and easy to utilize earned rewards.
4. Benefit 3: Worldwide acceptance
As a Mastercard, the Walmart Rewards Mastercard is accepted at millions of locations worldwide, offering cardholders access to a vast network of merchants.
5. Benefit 4: Added security features
The card comes equipped with multiple layers of security, including zero liability protection and chip & PIN technology, providing greater security and peace of mind.
6. Drawback 1: Limited earning potential outside Walmart
The main drawback of this card is its limited earning potential for purchases made outside of Walmart. Cardholders only earn 1% back on non-Walmart purchases, whereas other cards may offer higher reward rates for certain categories (such as dining or travel).
7. Drawback 2: Minimal travel benefits or insurance
Another drawback of the Walmart Rewards Mastercard is its lack of travel benefits and insurance. Many other credit cards offer perks like travel insurance and rental car insurance, which can be valuable for frequent travelers.
8. Additional Information:
In conclusion, the Walmart Rewards Mastercard is best suited for individuals who frequently shop at Walmart and prioritize cost-saving features like no annual fees and easy rewards redemption. However, those who want more comprehensive rewards or travel benefits should consider other options.
- Earn 1.25% for every dollar spent at Walmart
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
- Easy online account management
- Fraud protection with Zero Liability Protection
- Purchase Assurance & Extended Warranty coverage
- Tap and Go payments with Contactless technology
- International acceptance by Mastercard network
- Instant decision when applying online
- Balance protection available with optional coverage
- Mobile app available for iOS & Android devices
- No cap or earning limits on rewards
- Redeem rewards for Walmart gift cards or statement credits