How you earn rewards
Each card earns rewards differently. Part of choosing your card is deciding what type of rewards you want to get. With CIBC Aventura Visa Card, here’s how you earn rewards:
|Specific Stores||1 point|
|All Other Spend||0.50 point|
How much your rewards are worth
The dollar value of your rewards depends on the specific CIBC rewards program and what you choose to redeem your points for.
For CIBC Aventura Visa Card in particular, if you spend $2,000.00 per month, here’s our estimated rewards earned depending on which reward you choose:
|Redemption method||Annual rewards|
|Redeem for travel||$165.00|
|Apply to statement credit||$136.95|
|Airlines Rewards (Charts)||$377.85|
|CIBC financial products||$136.95|
Calculating your annual rewards
$24,000.00 annual spending x $1.57% return on spending = $377.85 annual rewards
$377.85 annual rewards – $0.00 annual fee = $$377.85 net annual rewards
Details and eligibility
|Do I qualify?|
|Estimated Credit Score||760 – 900|
|Extra Card Fee||$0|
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
CIBC Aventura Visa Card Review
The CIBC Aventura Visa Card offers an attractive rewards program with its focus on travel rewards, helping cardholders earn points for their day-to-day purchases. Users can also redeem their accumulated rewards for various experiences and savings. Let’s take a closer look at the key features of this credit card:
1. Earning potential with the card: Cardholders earn points on every dollar spent using the CIBC Aventura Visa Card. Specifically, users receive 1 Aventura Point for every$1 spent on regular purchases, 1.5 Aventura Points for every $1 spent at gas stations, grocery stores, and drugstores, as well as 2 Aventura Points for every $1 spent on travel purchases through the CIBC Rewards Centre. This structure benefits cardholders who spend heavily on these categories.
2. Benefit 1 – Travel rewards flexibility: One of the primary advantages of the CIBC Aventura Visa Card is the flexible travel rewards redemption program. Cardholders can use their Aventura Points to book airfare, vacation packages, hotel stays, car rentals, and cruises without blackout dates or restrictions on airlines, providing exceptional value and freedom when planning vacations or business trips.
3. Benefit 2 – Flight discount: As a CIBC Aventura Visa Cardholder, users have access to a $100 annual travel credit, applicable to any flight booked through the CIBC Rewards Centre. This benefit effectively lowers the cost of yearly travels and adds value to the overall reward program.
4. Benefit 3 – Travel insurance coverage: The card comes with an array of travel insurance benefits, providing peace of mind during trips. Coverage includes travel medical, trip cancellation/interruption, flight delay, baggage loss/damage, and car rental collision/loss damage.
5. Benefit 4 – Additional Card Features: The CIBC Aventura Visa Card offers a 15,000 Aventura Points signup bonus upon spending $1,000 within the first 4 months, which can be redeemed for travel experiences, merchandise, or gift cards. Additionally, cardholders can enjoy zero annual fees during the first year.
6. Drawback 1 – Limited rewards value for non-travel expenses: Although the CIBC Aventura Visa Card earns points on every purchase, it primarily focuses on travel-related rewards. Users who don’t heavily prioritize traveling or are more interested in cashback benefits might find this card less appealing compared to other options in the market.
7. Drawback 2 – Annual fee after the first year: While the card offers an annual fee waiver in the first year, users are required to pay a $120 annual fee from the second year onward. This may deter cardholders who prefer no-fee credit cards or feel they won’t take full advantage of the card’s travel-focused benefits.
8. Additional information: The CIBC Aventura Visa Card demands a minimum annual income of $15,000 for eligibility. Cardholders can also benefit from common carrier accident insurance and a unique mobile device insurance feature worth up to $1,000 on smartphones or tablets purchased with the card.
In conclusion, the CIBC Aventura Visa Card is a highly rewarding option for users heavily focused on travel rewards and related benefits. The various advantages, insurance coverages, and flexible redemption options make it a strong contender for consumers looking to make the most of their everyday spending and travel experiences.
Not the right fit? You could consider the CIBC Aventura Gold Visa Card (QC). Or, if you’re looking for other options check out the CIBC US Dollar Aventura Gold Visa Card, and the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card for students.
- 15,000 bonus Aventura Points upon sign-up
- Earn 1 Aventura Point for every $1 spent
- Earn 2 Aventura Points for every $1 spent on travel purchased through CIBC Rewards Centre
- Annual fee of $139 plus $50 for each supplementary card
- 19.99% standard purchase interest rate
- 22.99% cash advance interest rate
- Rewards for travel, merchandise, or gift cards
- Up to $1,000,000 in travel medical coverage
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
- Flight Delay Insurance and Lost Baggage Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance
- Mobile Device Insurance of up to $1,000