How you earn rewards
Each card earns rewards differently. Part of choosing your card is deciding what type of rewards you want to get. With CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card, here’s how you earn rewards:
|All Other Spend||1 point|
How much your rewards are worth
The dollar value of your rewards depends on the specific CIBC rewards program and what you choose to redeem your points for.
For CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card in particular, if you spend $2,000.00 per month, here’s our estimated rewards earned depending on which reward you choose:
|Redemption method||Annual rewards|
|Redeem for travel||$279.00|
|Apply to statement credit||$231.57|
|Airlines Rewards (Charts)||$638.91|
|CIBC financial products||$231.57|
Calculating your annual rewards
$24,000.00 annual spending x $2.66% return on spending = $638.91 annual rewards
$638.91 annual rewards – $139.00 annual fee = $$499.91 net annual rewards
Details and eligibility
|Do I qualify?|
|Estimated Credit Score||660 – 724|
|Extra Card Fee||$0|
|Extended Warranty||1 year|
|Purchase Protection||90 days|
|Emergency Medical Term||15 days|
|Emergency Medical over 65||3 days|
|Lost or Stolen Baggage||500|
|Rental Car Theft & Damage||Yes|
|Mobile Phone Insurance||1000|
CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card Review
The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card is a travel rewards credit card that offers a variety of earning opportunities and valuable benefits for cardholders. Let’s take a closer look at its features, including its earning potential, four primary advantages, two drawbacks, and any other relevant details that might be pertinent for those considering this card.
The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card allows cardholders to earn Aventura Points on their everyday spending, with higher reward rates in specific categories. Cardholders can earn 2 points per $1 spent on travel purchased through the CIBC Rewards Centre, 1.5 points per $1 on gas, grocery, and dining expenses, and 1 point per $1 on all other purchases. These reward rates make the card an attractive option for those who regularly spend in the bonus categories.
- Generous Welcome Offer: The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card comes with a significant welcome offer, enabling new cardholders to earn up to 35,000 Aventura Points within the first year, providing a value of around $800 in travel rewards. Cardholders can receive 20,000 points upon their first purchase and an additional 15,000 points when they spend $10,000 in the first 12 months.
- Complimentary Travel Insurance: This card provides various complimentary travel insurance coverages, including out-of-province emergency medical coverage, trip cancellation and interruption insurance, and auto rental collision/loss damage insurance. These benefits can save cardholders significant sums in the event of unforeseen circumstances, easing the financial burden such accidents might entail.
- Airport Lounge Access: CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Cardholders receive a Priority Pass membership with four complimentary visits per year to over 1,300 airport lounges worldwide. This perk adds extra comfort and convenience, making air travel more enjoyable and relaxing for cardholders.
- Flexible Travel Redemption: The Aventura Points earned through this card offer flexible travel redemptions, with no blackout dates or airline restrictions. Cardholders can redeem their points on flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages, and more through the CIBC Rewards Centre, maximizing the utility of their rewards.
- Annual Fee: The CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card has an annual fee of $139, which may deter some potential cardholders. However, the value generated from the card’s various benefits can quickly offset this cost for individuals who extensively utilize their credit card for everyday spending and are frequent travelers.
- Earning Limitations: Although the card offers attractive reward rates, the 1.5x bonus for gas, grocery, and dining expenses is limited to your first $80,000 spent per year in those categories, after which it drops to 1x points earned per $1 spent. Consequently, this cap might limit the earning potential for high spenders in these particular categories.
Cardholders also have access to the Visa Infinite Concierge service, which provides 24/7 personalized assistance with various tasks such as travel planning, dining reservations, and event ticket purchases. Moreover, the Visa Infinite program entitles card members to exclusive dining and wine country experiences and other valuable perks.
In summary, the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card is an appealing choice for individuals who regularly spend on travel and the bonus categories of gas, groceries, and dining. The multitude of benefits, such as its generous welcome offer, complimentary travel insurance, and airport lounge access, make this card a valuable addition to any Canadian traveler’s wallet.
Interested in other credit cards? Canadians that like the CIBC Aventura Visa Infinite Card credit card also like the CIBC Classic Visa Card. If you’re looking for other options you should consider the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Card for students, and the CIBC Aventura Visa Card for Students.
- Stellar welcome offer: Earn substantial bonus points as an introductory gift for new members
- Amplified reward earnings: Regular points accrual on qualifying expenditures, boosted rates for categories like travel, dining, and transportation
- Travel aspiration-centric: Points redeemable for diversified travel essentials such as flights, lodging, and holiday packages
- Insurance perks: All-encompassing travel insurance coverage incorporating trip termination, health emergencies, and luggage misplacement
- Premier advantages: Partake in airport lounges and expeditious boarding access through the Visa Infinite Privilege tier
- Liberation from restrictions: Uninhibited flight bookings, devoid of impediments like airline constraints or peak period limitations
- Yearly commitment: $139 yearly card membership cost, potentially waived during initial year under certain campaigns
- International trade-offs: 2.5% foreign exchange fee for overseas transactions
- Partnership scarcity: A smaller ensemble of partnering airlines and transfer opportunities compared to rival reward programs
- Exclusive prerequisites: Approvals contingent on high creditworthiness and substantial income thresholds
- Soaring interest charges: Elevated interest rates applicable to both purchases and cash advances
- Redemption caveats: Taxation, additional fees, and surcharges not eligible for point utilization during travel bookings